The Shanti project means prosperity, being at peace, looking after one self, in Punjabi.
The Shanti project aims to:
- Support those who are misusing alcohol and their family members
- Give hope to the Sikh community who are in need of this type of service.
- Provide awareness around alcohol and the affects it has on an individuals health and life
- Network with fellow organisations to help promote our services.
- Provide training to professionals and non professionals regarding the issues related to alcohol in the Sikh Punjabi community.
- Provide information to wider community.
Our main source of income is provided from the big lottery and the project has been funded for 3 years. we are currently looking for and getting involved in events around the west midlands to help raise awareness of our project.
We are currently in the process of setting up a referral pathway into our service for prospective clients. However we are also keen to start recruiting community facilitators (volunteers) on board with this exciting project. They will help us spread the word about the harms of alcohol, provide brief interventions and champion our project in a professional manner.
Contact us on 0121 450 9650 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org