Interested in Volunteering?
Some of the most important people at Aquarius are our volunteers, many of our services rely on the help and support given by them. There are many different roles and responsibilities undertaken by our volunteers and often no two days are the same. We aim to fit the person’s experience, skills and knowledge to the different types of volunteer roles that we have.
- Event/Activities: supporting the delivery of activity groups, like art, gardening, walking, music and helping out at community events aimed at informing the public of the impacts of alcohol, drugs and gambling.
- Community Champions: people from local communities providing alcohol information and supporting people to get help from services
- Service: in a wide variety of ways helping engage clients in the service and providing support to clients and families
- Induction into the role
- Relevant training for the role
- An opportunity to develop knowledge and skills
- Experience in the substance misuse and gambling field
- Support from staff
- Being part of the team
- Reimburse agreed expenses
Click the hexagon to read what our current volunteers have to say
So how do I become a volunteer?
If you want to spend some free time constructively helping us and are motivated and looking to do something rewarding then we would really like to hear from you.
Please email email@example.com for an application form and for any information you require.