Responsible gambling is about making a decision based on all of the facts. Responsible gambling means staying in control of how much money you spend as well as the time you spend gambling. Responsible gamblers will decide in advance how often they will play, how much money they will spend and what time they will stop. Responsible gambling can also mean an individual deciding not to gamble at all. If you can become a responsible gambler it keeps gambling enjoyable and lowers the risks to yourself, your friends and your family.
Benefits of Responsible Gambling
- You will enjoy winning but know that you only won because gambling is a game of chance.
- You will have the understanding that you should never gamble when under the influence of problematic substances.
- You will be able to limit the time and the money you spend on gambling each week.
- You will start to realise that you should never try and win the money back that you have lost.
- Family relationships will improve.
- You will have more time to socialise.
- Any financial problems will ease.
- You can begin to get yourself out of debt.
- Your Self-esteem will increase.
- You will become a more reliable worker.