Our gambling intervention service offers a range of support to people affected by their own gambling or the gambling of a family member or partner. Support may be through 1:1 sessions or group sessions. Progressive session topics for people affected by their own gambling include:
- the psychology of gambling
- tips and strategies for clients to stop gambling
- information on self-exclusion and blocking software
- how to engage the support of family and friends to help with stopping gambling
- alternatives to gambling
- coping with cravings and urges
- signposting to debt management.
Partners and family members may attend a session or part of a session dependent on the client’s wishes. They can also be seen alone, whether or not the person who gambles is engaging, in order to learn coping skills and understand the process.
Who can we help:
We can help people aged 16 and above who have experienced gambling related harms through either their own gambling or the gambling of a partner or family member. Individuals can self-refer through our Single Point of Contact on 0300 456 4293 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our gambling service is available in the following locations:
- Stoke on Trent
We work with GamCare to provide support, information and advice to anyone suffering with a gambling problem or friends and family members affected by someone else’s gambling